As you all know, I am constantly trying out new beauty products — some aren’t for everyday use (like face masks), others are too pricey so I don’t re-buy unless I think they are really worth it, and then some are just not awesome enough for a second chance.
Today, I wanted to share what I’m currently using on a daily basis. It’s my latest and possibly my favorite beauty regimen to date. Here are the very natural, multipurpose, and affordable products I would highly recommend:
- Dr. Bronner’s Peppermint Liquid Soap – My new daily face wash. It gets rid of dead skin like no other, but doesn’t over-dry or irritate my sensitive skin. It’s powerful stuff so they recommend diluting it, but to be honest – I don’t! I use just 2-3 pure drops, put it directly on my skin, and wash it off quickly. If you google a bit, a lot of people have found this to be extremely helpful for acne. Added bonus – this soap literally has at least 17 other uses. I think I have finally found a face wash that I will use for life. ($6.39 for 8 oz)
- Baking Soda – Combine about teaspoon with a little water in your hand and you have yourself a incredibly cheap and effective yet gentel facial scrub. I use this 1 – 2 times per week. ($1 for 16 oz)
- Heritage’s Rose Petals Rosewater – A perfect facial toner for all skin types, but especially sensitive or mature. It’s so simple yet so luxurious – it smells like pure roses! Naturally loaded with vitamin C, it aids in collagen production. I put a little on a cotton ball and use it on my entire face and neck after I get out of the shower. ($5.49 for 4 oz)
- derma e® Hyaluronic Acid Serum – I am LOVING this as my daytime moisturizer. My skin absorbs it so well and it has such a nice light scent of plumeria. The hyaluronic acid draws in moisture plumping skin and reducing the signs of aging. It’s oil-free making it a great choice for those who are blemish-prone or just don’t like a heavy moisturizer. ($29.50 or less for 2 fl oz)
- Egyptian Magic – A friend told me how she was using it around her eyes (to prevent lines) so I decided to give it a try. This all purpose balm has some of the most therapeutic natural ingredients around. When I occasionally get eczema on my hand, it clears it up within an hour or two. If used only as an eye cream, a little goes a long way so then the price becomes incredibly reasonable for the size ($37.20 for 4 oz ).
- Desert Essence Blemish Touch Stick – With a roller ball applicator, this all natural blemish treatment is so quick and easy to apply. I love that it goes on clear, unlike many blemish treatments. Also, studies have shown tea tree oil to be as effective as benzyl peroxide for treating pimples! ($6.59 for .33 fl oz)
- Aloe Vera Gelly by Lily of the Desert – I use this as my night cream becomes I am so sick of products (natural and not quite so natural) clogging my pores. This cooling gel leaves skin noticeably nourished and calmer by morning. It’s an excellent choice in general if you’re prone to redness/irritation. ($4.59 for 4 oz)
Do you have a beauty regimen? I would love to hear what it is!
For anyone who is into aromatherapy, here are some pretty simple and therapeutic aromatherapy mixtures from Tisserand. Each mix is geared towards a particular situation/ailment ranging from travel to dry skin!
Here is my take on three natural blemish treatments:
- derma e – Very Clear® Spot Blemish Treatment by derma e is such an excellent all-around treatment for problem skin. It has ingredients like tea tree, willow bark, chamomile, lavender and rosewood to fight bacteria while also reducing redness and inflammation. This treatment definitely clears up existin g blemishes and prevents new ones. I really love that this product goes on clear and that you really can’t over do it. No matter how much or how often I put it on, it never left my skin feeling dry. It is truly an excellent breakout treatment for all skin types. I have also been using the Very Clear® Cleansing Scrub, which helps to unclog pores and remove dead skin, making it a perfect precursor to the blemish treatment. The Very Clear® line also has a cleanser and moisturizer if you like using a complete skin care line. This skin-clearing formula costs about $11.50 and is definitely well worth the reasonable price.
- Aubrey Organics – Aubrey Organics Amino Derm Gel Clear Skin Complex has a light and fresh citrus scent and also goes on clear. It has great natural ingredients like burduck, sage, ivy, sea salt and organic lemon peel. This complex successfully dissolves dirt and oil deposits on the skin, leaving pores clean without drying out the skin. It is a great choice for adults with problem skin, as well as teenagers. As with most breakout treatments, the best time to apply this complex is before bed so it can get to work while you get some rest. Aubrey also makes a 3-step skin care line for oily skin, as well as a Natural Herbal Seaclay Mask that is ideal for balancing and purifying oily skin. Aubrey Organics makes skin care lines for normal, dry, and sensitive skin. The Clear Skin Complex can be used in combination with any of the lines and it only costs about $7.95 for a 2 oz tube.
- Burt’s Bees – Burt’s Bees Herbal Blemish Stick has a rolling applicator, which applies the liquid treatment directly and easily to the skin. This treatment is completely clear so it can even be applied under makeup. I would suggest this blemish treatment to people with oily skin rather than dry skin since it contains alcohol (from yellow corn). Some of the therapeutic ingredients include tea tree oil, eucalyptus oil, lemon oil, and fennel oil, which is the overriding scent of the treatment. I do have to warn that this treatment can sometimes burn or tingle a little bit, but my skin did not show any signs of irritation after the initial application. However, both the derma e and Aubrey treatments gave me more obvious improvements in problem areas within one night of use. Burt’s Bees Herbal Blemish Stick retails for about $8.50.
No matter what blemish treatment you choose, it’s always best to go natural because these treatments are less harsh and use a more holistic approach. Also, remember to leave blemishes alone as much as possible! Easier said than done, but please resist the attempt to be your own personal esthetician and put one of these natural blemish treatments on instead!