- Do nothing but eat while you are eating
- Thoroughly chew each bite
- Drink plenty of warm or room temperature water daily
- Exercise regularly
- Take a hot bath at least once a week
- Eat only when you are hungry, stop before you are full (also #1 when it comes to healthy weight managment!)
- Drink teas that aid digestion like ginger and fennel
- Incorporate probiotics into your diet daily (a great choice: unsweetened yogurt)
I am a big fan of sauerkraut and Bubbie’s is definitely my new favorite brand. I love it for the taste and I love it even more for its high probiotic content.
A reminder of what’s to love about probiotics:
- They improve immune function
- They help to produce vitamin K
- They suppress the growth of potentially harmful bacteria
- They assist in replacing the good bacteria that is depleted by illness and/or certain medications
Most of the time, I pair it with my fav non-meat hot dogs (tofu pups) and I put them together on a piece of whole wheat toast topped with lots of spicy brown mustard (a whole wheat hot dog bun would obviously be a good choice as well, but I’ve just always folded a piece of lightly toasted bread and made that my bun).
I had a beef hot dog for the first time last 4th of July… Call me crazy, but I’ve loved these vegetarian impostures for so long that even after a glimpse at the true blue, I’m still sticking with my old favorite. If you aren’t into the lack of meat in your dog, that’s ok, but make it a point to avoid the cured and nitrite-ridden varieties that have been linked to higher rates of certain cancers, as well as diabetes. (See this article – The reason why processed meats are so dangerous to your health)
Hopefully, my mom won’t read this before she gets her mother’s day gift! I decided to give her the Nude Skincare gift set that I was given for my birthday this year. I just can’t say enough how much I love every item in this set, which includes: Cleansing Facial Oil 30ml, Hydrating Water 30ml, Age Defence Moisturiser 5ml, Replenishing Night Oil 5ml, Miracle Mask 5ml and Advanced Eye Complex 5ml. I see such a difference in my skin when I use Nude products so I’m really hoping she loves it as much as I do! Since I finished my set a couple months ago, I just had to get myself a little gift as well.. I decided to get the Moisturising Body Cream. In case you didn’t read my earlier post, this cream smells heavenly and produces such a smooth complexion with key ingredients like cupuacu and hyaluronic acid. And like the rest of the line, this cream has prebiotics and probiotics. I’m so excited to have it back in my natural beauty arsenal and I’m even more excited for my mom to try the line!
Some of the basics & benefits of yogurt:
- If you want to avoid high sugar content just go with plain! Even the plain varieties naturally have 12 g of sugar. The sweetened have up to 35 g!
- Greek yogurt, which is much thicker, can contain up to twice the protein of a non-Greek brand, but it has less calcium.
- Yogurt contains probiotics, which is healthy bacteria. Probiotics are linked with a healthy digestive system and a stronger immune systems.
- Do not drain out that top watery layer! That liquid is pure protein (specifically whey protein).
- Some of my favorite additions to plain yogurt: a drizzle of honey (a prebiotic which encourages the activity of probiotics), walnuts, fresh berries, sliced banana, and wheat germ.
- Since yogurt has probiotics, a lot of people that are lactose intolerant do not have issues with consuming it!
Here are some coupons & discounts from one of my favorite brands: Stonyfield Farm
NUDE Skincare just has so, so much to offer! First of all, it’s 100% natural and free of parabens, sulphates, phthalates, and mineral oil. Secondly, the whole line contains probiotics that deliver active proteins and amino acids directly into your skin. It’s just genuis — if probiotics are so good for us on the inside, it makes perfect sense that they would benefit our outermost layer!
Due to the fabulous gifting of a fabulous friend (thank you Jen!), I have had the best introduction to NUDE with a set that includes Cleansing Facial Oil, Moisturising Body Cream, Age Defence Moisturiser, Replenishing Night Oil, Miracle Mask, and Advanced Eye Complex. I have definitely seen a difference in my skin since I started using the line (exactly 1 month ago). My skin seems clearer, more balanced, and just happier (yes, skin can be happy too). I simply love every one of the products in the kit. I especially adore the Moisturizing Body Cream, which has Hyaluronic Acid and the most divine floral scent, which NUDE says is hibiscus, but I was thinking jasmine..either way – LOVE it!!
This line has gotten such great press and has fans like Christy Turlington and Helena Christensen. NUDE is truly THAT good. And it is a must-try for anyone looking for really effective natural, skincare. And some additional bonuses — the company never tests on animals and is carbon neutral. You just have to try it.