Teeth are incredibly important, and you only get one permanent set in a lifetime. Eating certain food can be an easy way to help maintain the enamel on your pearly white smile.
Strengthen Your Teeth with These 5 Foods:
- Cereal grains – Grains like rice, corn, oats, wheat and barley are a great source of magnesium, which helps with jaw and tooth enamel formation.
- Fish – Fish contains Vitamin D, which helps the body use the calcium it receives.
- Citrus – Fruits like oranges, limes and lemons are full of Vitamin C, which helps the cells involved in tooth formation and strengthening.
- Dairy products – Milk products are known for being a significant source of calcium, which strengthens bones, including tooth enamel.
- Foods high in protein – Protein contains phosphorous, which is key in strengthening the jaw structure and teeth. Try eggs, meat, beans or nuts.
Eating these five foods can help strengthen your teeth. If you take care of your pearly whites, they could last a lifetime, so you should do your best to keep them as strong and healthy as possible!
Hannah Daniel writes for a dental blog backed by 1Dental.com, which offers discount dental plans nationwide. She enjoys keeping people up to date on dental news and helping them save money on dental care.