Lavender is probably my favorite essential oil. It really is such a relaxing scent and it can be used to help so many things!
Here are just a few things that lavender is good for:
- headache and migraine relief
- healing burns and insect bites
- acne, psoriasis and other inflammations
- stiff joints and sore muscle relief
- repelling mosquitoes
Lavender is one of only two essential oils that can be used on the skin without dilution (the other being tea tree oil)!
Use sparingly though.
- A few drops to combine with a lotion or shampoo.
- Just a drop or two to apply to any inflammation.
*Allergies – People with allergies should test an oil on a small area of sensitive skin (inside of arm).
*Pregnant – Check with your doctor before using any essential oils (Lavender usually does not appear on the AVOID DURING PREGNANCY list).
**Discontinue use at the first sign of any irritation!