- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 & 1/2 sticks unsalted butter (12 tbs)
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- In a medium bowl combine flour, ginger, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl beat butter and brown sugar with electric mixer until light (about 2 minutes). Beat in vanilla.
- Stir in flour mixture (Step 1)
- Add crystallized ginger
- Gather into a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Line baking sheet with parchment
- On lightly floured surface roll out dough to 1/2″ thickness
- Cut dough with 2&1/2″ star-shaped (or any shape) cookie cutter
- Place cookies on prepared sheet, spaced 1&1/2″ apart
- Bake 10-12 minutes (or until cookies are lightly browned around edges)
- Remove cookies from baking sheet and allow to cool
Makes 36 cookies
From July 2006 IN STYLE magazine