Especially at this time of year, when so many people are about to throw away their holiday cards, I was so happy to come across this Recycled Card Program being conducted by St. Jude’s Ranch for Children.
Between now and February 28, 2009 you can send your used, all-occasion greeting cards to St. Jude’s Ranch for Children.
Cards can be donated by simply sending them to:
St. Jude’s Ranch for Children
Card Recycling Program
100 St. Jude’s Street
Boulder City, NV 89005
You can also purchase cards by email, phone, or regular mail!
For more information: http://www.stjudesranch.org/help_card.php
This is so simple, but so great for your skin!
- 4 tsp of loose green tea (or just cut open 4 tea bags)
- 1 cup mineral H2O
- Bring water to a boil
- Steep tea for 10 minutes (so it’s concentrated)
- Allow tea to cool
- Pour tea into a spray bottle
Spray on your skin or pat on with a cotton ball for a simple, refreshing toner to put on before your moisturizer, or anytime!
1. To make 1 quart of chai, grind in a spice grinder:
- 1& 1⁄2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 3 tablespoons fresh cardamom pods
2. Bring to a boil, then let sit overnight:
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup ginger, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black peppercorns
- the ground cardamom and coriander
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 cloves
- 1 dash allspice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon licorice root (optional)
3. Add 3 cups of milk and carefully bring to a low boil,
stirring continuously so as not to scorch it.
4. Add 2 or 3 tablespoons good-quality black tea and simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Strain and sweeten to taste with 2 to 31⁄2 tablespoons maple syrup, honey, or sugar.
*From: yogajournal.com (Click here for full article)
From our surprise visit to the White House this fall!