1. To make 1 quart of chai, grind in a spice grinder:
- 1& 1⁄2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 3 tablespoons fresh cardamom pods
2. Bring to a boil, then let sit overnight:
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup ginger, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black peppercorns
- the ground cardamom and coriander
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 cloves
- 1 dash allspice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon licorice root (optional)
3. Add 3 cups of milk and carefully bring to a low boil,
stirring continuously so as not to scorch it.
4. Add 2 or 3 tablespoons good-quality black tea and simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Strain and sweeten to taste with 2 to 31⁄2 tablespoons maple syrup, honey, or sugar.
*From: yogajournal.com (Click here for full article)