TURKEY & VEGETABLE CHILI VERDE
Prep and Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 medium cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 4oz can diced green chili
- 1 15 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1 tb + 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups finely chopped kale
- 1 15 oz can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbs chopped fresh oregano
- 3 tbs chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Chop garlic and onion and let sit for at least 5 minutes to enhance their health-promoting benefits.
- Heat 1 tb broth in a medium soup pot. Sauté onion in broth for 5 minutes over medium heat stirring frequently. Add garlic and ground turkey with just a pinch of salt and pepper. Continue to sauté, breaking up turkey for another 5 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes, chili, and broth to turkey mixture and bring to a boil on high heat. Stir in chopped kale, reduce heat to medium and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Add beans, simmer for another couple of minutes and add herbs, salt and pepper.
From The World’s Healthiest Foods website *full nutritional information here