Have you looked closely at your showerhead lately? Does it look kind of gross? Well, most likely it’s just the result of hard water (H20 high in mineral content), which isn’t harmful to your health, but it does put a damper on your water flow. In some cases, the grossness might really be gross because it could be bacteria, which is definitely not good for your health!
But no matter the situation, all showerheads should get a cleaning from time to time…
- Simply fill a plastic bag (free of holes) with enough white vinegar (about a pint) to submerge the showerhead
- Submerge the showerhead in the vinegar and secure the bag with a rubberband
- Allow it to soak for a few hours
- Remove the bag
- Turn the shower on for 30 secs or so
- Take a shower that will truly get you clean!