I finally tried making granola last night and I’m happy to say that it turned out really legit! My favorite granola as a kid was from this restaurant called Peaches in Florida so I wanted to recreate that one, which meant it had to have cinnamon + raisins + coconut + almond. There are lot of different things you can add to a general granola base, but I HIGHLY recommend this combo – it’s just SO tasty.
- 3 cups rolled oats (not quick oats)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea or kosher salt
- 1/3 cup honey (or a little more if you like your granola on the sweeter side)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Mix oats, cinnamon & salt in a bowl.
- Combine honey, oil & vanilla extract in a separate bowl.
- Pour liquid ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until dried ingredients are thoroughly coated.
- Spread the mixture in a thin layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, stir, and then bake for an additional 10 minutes (or until granola looks golden brown).
- Let the granola cool for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally (you will notice it starts to get harder).
- Add raisins, coconut & almonds.
- You just made granola! Now put it in an airtight container and it should be good for about 2 weeks.
- Enjoy! :)