Prep and Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 2¼ cups water
- dash of sea salt
- 1 cup regular rolled oats (not the 1 minute)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup raisins
- organic milk
- sweeten with honey (about 1 tsp per serving is a nice amount)
- Combine water and salt in a small saucepan and turn the heat to high.
- When the water boils, turn the heat to low, add oatmeal, and cook, stirring, until the water is absorbed (about 5 minutes).
- Add cinnamon and raisins and stir. Cover the pot and turn off heat.
- Let set for 5 minutes.
- Serve with milk and honey.
While this is not the quickest way to make oatmeal, it does produce tastier results. It’s also so hearty and healthy!
Once I drank organic milk (many years ago), I really never considered going back to drinking non-organic milk. The difference between a glass of regular whole milk and organic whole milk is just so undeniably different. A glass of whole organic milk is so delicious and creamy, it really tastes like a treat. Even the non-fat, 1%, or 2% organic milks are so much better tasting and creamier than regular versions. Personally, I always felt like I was drinking a mix of water and milk when I drank a lot of common brands of non-fat milk. But that’s just me. One of my favorite organic milks is produced by Organic Valley.
This is a great company that also makes organic soy milk, organic lactose free milk, organic butter, and organic cheese!
Click here for coupons on all of the previously mentioned products: Organic Valley.
Also, refer to my previous posting on the likely health benefits of organic whole milk: Another Reason Why I Love Organic Milk