To firm your jaw line and neck area, try this move: slowly tilt your head back, purse your lips together, and try to kiss the ceiling. Repeat 3-4 times.
Try alternate nostril breathing! If you’ve done yoga, you might already be familiar with this mellowing technique, which is used to help calm the mind and nervous system. This is one of my favorite things to do to de-stress. One of the reasons I love it is because it’s so easy to do anytime, anywhere once you get the gist of it..
*Ideally do this while sitting
- Use your right thumb to block your right nostril. Breathe deeply through your left nostril (a count of 4 seconds is good)
- Right away, close the left nostril with your right ring finger while simultaneously removing your thumb from your right nostril, and exhale through your right nostril (for a count of 8 seconds).
- Inhale through the right nostril (4 seconds), close the right nostril with your thumb, and exhale through the left nostril (8 seconds)
That completes 1 full round. Repeat again if desired.
**Do not attempt if you have a cold or if your nasal passages are blocked in any way!
The yoga move known as Cat-Cow pose has been shown to assist in clearing the sinuses by increasing circulation and opening blocked airways.
- Begin on your hands and knees, with hands under shoulders and knees under hips.
- On the inhale, expand chest forward, moving shoulders back and sitting bones up.
- On the exhale, do the opposite, rounding the back and trying to touch the tip of your nose to your belly button.
- Do 10 slow repetitions several times per day, as needed.
*The exhale helps clear out old toxins from the lungs and sinuses.
*The inhale helps bring in new, fresh oxygen to energize the body.